Our team of consultants offer Continuing Professional Development courses focused on inclusive teaching, supporting pupils who are new to English and EAL assessment techniques. You can find details of all of our upcoming CPD sessions below.
You can also read the feedback from our recent sessions here
Better Bilingual Offer – September 2018-July 2019
Our Better Bilingual FREE Offer for 2018-2019 includes:
- Scoping meeting with SLT re EAL provision
- Termly EAL Network Meetings – for EAL support & ideas
- Better Bilingual Newsletter – for local and national EAL news
- Follow us on Twitter @BetterBilingual to keep up-to-date.
- Visit our website betterbilingual.co.uk for relevant articles, current events & lots more…
Our Better Bilingual CHARGEABLE Offer for 2018-2019 includes:
- EMA Action Planning – a whole school self-evaluation and action-planning process; typically, this comprises of 6 half-day consultancy sessions, working closely with the EAL Senior Lead
- Bespoke packages of EMA consultancy support – areas include New Arrivals & Advanced Bilingual Learners; delivery includes coaching and assessments
- CPD – on a range of EAL topics for the whole school or MAT, or for a smaller group
- Central CPD – on a range of EAL topics for education staff from a number of settings
- Accreditation for the ‘EAL Quality Mark’ – a self-evaluation and validation process, delivered in association with the EAL Academy
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information about our support to schools and EYFS settings and to schedule a visit from one of our experienced consultants; we would love to hear from you.
EYFS ‘Firm Foundations’ conference
Date: Saturday 16th March 2019
Venue: Bath Spa University
Book your place by clicking here
CPD: Integrating pupils new to English into the classroom
This one day course offers a refreshingly practical approach to the issues faced by schools with recent arrivals of students who are new to English. It will be of particular benefit to those schools with frequent mid-term admissions, high mobility figures and a changing pupil profile.
NB To be delivered in 2 locations in November 2018 and June 2019; click on the links below to book.
|Date||24 June 2019|
|Location||St Bartholomew’s School, Newbury, Berkshire|
|Presenter||Catherine Brennan (Better Bilingual Senior Consultant & EAL Academy Associate)|
|Time||9.45am – 3.30pm|