National Strategies Resources
You can find a range of resources here to support the development of provision for EAL learners including induction & assessment; teaching & learning and advice for leaders in planning and implementing actions.
A flavour of documents you will find here:
- Learning and teaching for bilingual children in the primary years: Introductory guide
- Learning and teaching for bilingual children in the primary years: Information for school governors
- Aiming high: Meeting the needs of newly arrived learners of English as an additional language
- Ethnic Minority Achievement (EMA) case study 13: Recipe for success
- Narrowing the Gaps: Resources to support the achievement of Black and minority ethnic, disadvantaged and gifted and talented pupils
Some useful links to support EAL
An article about leading EAL in your primary school, written by our very own Catherine Brennan
Language activities for pupils at both primary and secondary with differentiated tasks for beginner through to more advanced bilingual learners.
Resource to support the sentence structures of pupils in a range of functions from YReception to Y6.
Resources that support language development through collaborative learning focusing on oracy linked to a wide range of subject areas.
A free online tool with interactive videos showing children teaching their own languages with downloadable resources packs and ideas for displays.