‘Supporting multilingual children in the Early Years’ – advice from the national association for EAL – NALDIC: https://naldic.org.uk/teaching-learning/eyfs/
Below are a range of EYFS EAL resources to support your EAL provision. For a free scoping visit for your EYFS setting, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Better Bilingual EYFS Learning Environment AuditHow do you know if your EYFS learning environment is valuing diversity and actively promoting children’s English language development? Practitioners find this audit document extremely valuable in highlighting good practice as well as identifying what to do next: Better Bilingual_EYFS Learning Environment audit tool 2021.pdf
- Language of the Month Activities BookletDo you want to acknowledge and celebrate all the languages of your children – and of the world? A host of fun activities here to choose from: Language-of-the-Month-Activities-Booklet.pdf
- Language Development PackPromoting contextualised language use across your Early Years setting – by both adults and children. This language development pack was developed by EY practitioners in collaboration with EAL experts: Language-development-pack-for-EYFS-with-pictures KSE and St Andrews.pdf
- Collaborative Learning ActivitiesMade by Early Years teachers for Early Years teachers, a range of interactive, fun activities for young children, many based around popular stories you’re bound to have in your setting: http://www.collaborativelearning.org/earlyyears.html
- Mama Lisa – Nursery Rhymes from Around the World Bringing a flavour of home into the Early Years setting for children from diverse backgrounds, Mama Lisa provides rhymes from around the world: Mama Lisa’s World of Children and International Culture
- Mantra Lingua PublicationsOur ‘go to’ publishers for high quality multilingual resources – such a huge range in so many different languages: Mantra Lingua UK | Dual language books and bilingual books and resources for bilingual children and parents and for the multi-lingual classroom.