Learning Village – online EAL resources for learners aged 6-14 years old
Better Bilingual is currently working in partnership with several primary and secondary schools in Bristol and North Somerset to pilot and support with the implementation of ‘The Learning Village’
This comprehensive online English language resource has been developed by author /director Caroline Scott of Across Cultures
The Learning Village provides targeted online and offline learning for 6-14 year old English language learners in schools where English is the language of instruction.
Lessons are split among three strands of learning:
- Survival language – New-to-English to intermediate lessons including the basics of vocabulary and language structures
- Customised curriculum content – Vocabulary and language structures for the curriculum
- Phonics – The teaching of reading through sounds
In summary it:
- Includes 8000+ words and phrases, incorporating speaking, listening, reading and writing
- Offers tools that help learners unable to read their mother tongue (almost all languages covered)
- Saves significant time preparing lessons
- Assess & track learner progress
- Provides support for blended classrooms or for self-study
- Offers excellent support for Special Educational Needs students
- Allows learners to support themselves
Better Bilingual highly recommends the Learning Village, which it is possible to trial for free in your school. For further information, please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
As more schools in and around Bristol benefit from using Across Cultures’ Learning Village, read the following case study from Tudor Primary in West London to be inspired!
Three years ago, Heather Day, an EAL consultant, contacted Across Cultures about piloting the Learning Village in an inner London school, Tudor Primary. It helped teacher to support learners across the school by personalizing the programme to suit EAL learners’ individual needs.
Read the case study to see the impact on two selected learners here, both in the early stages of English language development showing accelerated progress.
EAL Training Event, presented by Caroline Scott of ‘Across Cultures’
Date: Tuesday 2nd April
Venue: Evergreen Primary Academy, Bristol
Free to ‘Learning Village’ subscribers – full details and booking info here