What is NW24?
NW24 Teaching and Learning Partnership is a network of schools in Bristol collaborating to ensure the delivery of the highest possible quality of education for all pupils.
Why was NW24 formed?
The Partnership has been formed by the member schools in response to developments in the education landscape in recent years. Resources of Local Authorities have diminished and the diversity of school types has increased.
What does belonging to NW24 mean?
- Equity of opportunity for all children regardless of where they live and which school they attend.
- A professional learning community that extends beyond the individual schools.
- An agreement to share information, data and expertise.
- Opportunities to make school budgets go further.
- A voice in policy making at local and national level.
- Protection against unwelcome external pressures.
- Support in times of need.
- Being at the forefront of a new generation of school-led teaching and learning networks.
Since January 2017, Better Bilingual has successfully partnered with NW24 to provide CPD on English as an Additional Language (EAL) on annual NW24 INSET Days in Term 3. These popular EAL workshops focussed on New to English as well as Advanced Bilingual Learners, with good attendance from primary and secondary teachers, as well as TAs and governors.
“Another Inset Day, bigger and better than before, we welcomed nearly 600 delegates from 22 schools on the day, attending 38 CPD workshops, spanning; safeguarding, SEMBH, curriculum and education management topics.”
Better Bilingual has also worked with individual schools from the NW24 network, delivering INSET and staff meetings on a range of EAL-related topics. In addition, national developments around EAL, such as the new DfE Census requirements introduced in 2016, have been shared by Better Bilingual at NW24 Heads’ Briefings.
If you are an NW24 school interested in collaborating with Better Bilingual to enhance outcomes for your BME learners, including those learning through EAL, please do not hesitate to contact us.