FREE Better Bilingual EAL Celebration Event – Thursday 5th July 2018
Our second end of year EAL Celebration Event took place at Barton Hill Primary Academy – well-attended by an enthusiastic group of speakers and school representatives from near and far. Many ‘EAL Success Stories’ were shared and it was a great opportunity for practitioners to network with others passionate about EAL. You can read more on Twitter and Linked In. Thank you to everyone who attended to make this event such a success. If you would like to share your ‘EAL Success Story’ next year then please get in touch with us during the year to let us know – and keep an eye out for the July 2019 date to add to your diary!
New dates for EAL Network Meeting 2018-2019 to be added soon
New CPD for NQTs or RQTs – click here for details
Better Bilingual Offer – September 2018-July 2019
Our Better Bilingual FREE Offer for 2018-2019 includes:
- Scoping meeting with SLT re EAL provision
- Termly EAL Network Meetings – for EAL support & ideas
- Better Bilingual Newsletter – for local and national EAL news
- Follow us on Twitter @BetterBilingual to keep up-to-date.
- Visit our website betterbilingual.co.uk for relevant articles, current events & lots more…
Our Better Bilingual CHARGEABLE Offer for 2018-2019 includes:
- EMA Action Planning – a whole school self-evaluation and action-planning process; typically, this comprises of 6 half-day consultancy sessions, working closely with the EAL Senior Lead
- Bespoke packages of EMA consultancy support – areas include New Arrivals & Advanced Bilingual Learners; delivery includes coaching and assessments
- CPD – on a range of EAL topics for the whole school or MAT, or for a smaller group
- Central CPD – on a range of EAL topics for education staff from a number of settings
- Accreditation for the ‘EAL Quality Mark’ – a self-evaluation and validation process, delivered in association with the EAL Academy. (hyperlink)
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information about our support to schools and EYFS settings and to schedule a visit from one of our experienced consultants; we would love to hear from you.
New EYFS section on our Better Bilingual website!
Are you an EYFS practitioner lucky enough to work with EAL children & their families?
Due to popular demand, we have created a specific EYFS section on our website, under the EAL tab – look out for ideas and information focused on EAL good practice in the EYFS. If you have a success story to share, please do get in touch – we would love to hear from you.
Eid al-Adha 2018
Eid al-Adha 2018 will begin in the evening of Tuesday 21 August and ends in the evening of Saturday 25 August. Dates may vary.
Eid al-Adha also the Feast of Sacrifice, celebrates Ibrahim sacrifice of his son to God. It is the second religious day of two celebrate by Muslims and a time of forgiveness and generosity. It is very common practice for people to give gifts and donations. Leading up to Eid al-Adha is when many Muslim go to Macca on pilgrimage.
See links useful for activities for children to raise awareness of Eid al-Adha and Hajj (pilgrimage).
EAL Academy Partnership – Celebrate your achievements!
Yasmin, Stephen & Catherine are delighted to announce that they are now EAL Academy Associates for the South West region; this means that Better Bilingual can collaborate with you to acquire nationally recognised EAL accreditation. The ‘EAL Quality Mark’ is an award made to schools on their achievements in meeting the needs of pupils learning English as an additional language. The process is one of self-evaluation, with validation by The EAL Academy. For further information about the EAL Academy and EAL Quality Mark, please visit the Partnerships EAL Academy tab.