Better Bilingual EAL Network meeting (BRISTOL) was held on 12th March at Henbury School
Outline of the meeting focused primarily on enhancing provision for learners new to English and included the following:
- Judith Prosser EAL Co-ordinator at Henbury School spoke about developing her role since joining the school in September 2018 and the positive impact on the progress of EAL learners across the school.
- Forward from https://bristol.cityofsanctuary.org/ spoke about the ‘Schools of Sanctuary’ initiative – extending a warm welcome to all
- The ‘Young Interpreters Scheme’ – providing peer support to EAL pupils
- The ‘EAL Quality Mark’ – celebrating your EAL good practice
- Opportunity for all to share EAL successes, challenges & question
Further resource: https://bristol.cityofsanctuary.org/schools-and-colleges